FIRST LOOK: L'AMOUR
Prepare to fall for Nanette Lepore's new line.
There's a reason Nanette Lepore's new line is called L'Amour: You're going to love it.
This story was published on January 22, 2013.
Yes, we're pretty confident about that, and here's why:
1) It's a junior's line, which means that its got all the girliness of her main line, only with fewer suit-sets and more skinny jeans.
2) It's being sold exclusively at JCPenney, so you can expect prices that won't break the bank (or, you know, your allowance)--like, $50 and under prices.
3) But you'd never expect that these are pieces that cost just a little more than your monthly Spotify membership. They've got bright colors, bold shapes, and a little bit of edge--there's a moto jacket we've already got our eye on.
4) Also? Prints. Just look at the pants and leggings, which come in graphic black-and-white stripes or a trippy celestial pattern (for the traditionalists out there, you can also nab a pair in hot pink).
5) Last but not least, it's inspired by the designer's 14-year-old daughter, Violet. That's just cute.
The collection officially launches on February 1, but we've got a first look at a few of the pieces right now. Which just means you have a little extra time to write up your wishlist.
REBECCA WILLA DAVIS