You expect a stoner movie to be funny, if not ridiculously stupid. But stylish? Apparently.
From The Dude, who paired Ray-Bans with jelly sandals in The Big Lebowski
, to Simone Kerr, who rocked a cropped plaid shirt and distressed denim in Dazed and Confused
, stoners on the big screen have a knack for nailing the laid-back look. Pineapple Express
, the latest pot-plot addition to the canon, doesn’t disappoint sartorially, either. Good-natured dealer Saul Silver runs from the bad guys wearing boldly-printed pants, moccasins, and a cat-eating shark tee that caused an uproar in the blogosphere
. The outfit is so comfy and—yes—cool that even after surviving an ambush, rounds of gunfire, and a major explosion, Silver doesn’t even break a sweat.
You don’t need to be caught up in a small-town murder to pull off the look; from Band of Outsiders to Rachel Comey, it seems that designers are also feeling the vibes this spring. As for some of Saul’s special grass? You’re on your own with that one.
REBECCA WILLA DAVIS
1. Tigi Bed Head Hair Stick - $10.95
2. Wowch T-Shirt - $16
3. BOY By Band of Outsiders Long Johns- $220
4. Sakroots Eco Harmony Space Drawstring - $31.15
5. Contributor by Rachel Comey Moccasin - $58
6. Erin Wasson x RVCA Give Me Rapture Sweater - $160
7. Fresh Cannabis Santal Eau de Parfum - $32
8. Stonerware Baking Pan - $12