She could sing, she could dance, she could even rock a flat top. But what’s most enthralling about Grace Jones is how readily she turned into a Bond vixen in A View To Kill
. Although Jones’s character met an untimely death in the ‘80s spy installment (all while ultimately helping James Bond save the day, of course), she looked good even when she was bad.
And while Gemma Arterton, the latest heir to the Bond girl thrown thanks to this week’s release of Quantum Solace
, is pretty enough, her onscreen style is notably lacking. Apparently not just anyone can look good while toting a gun and one-upping Bond in bed, but a gold lame bodysuit just might help.
REBECCA WILLA DAVIS
1. Bettie and Earl pistol necklace - $15
2. Delia’s pleather jacket - $69.50
3. Bond Girls Are Forever by Maryam d’Abo- $31.20
4. Avon Bond Girl 007 perfume - $30
5. American Apparel gold halter - $30
6. Elliott Lucca bag - $298
7. Milani lipstick in Orange Gina - $3.49